background

Monday, February 5, 2018

Survived!

Survived what you ask? Taking Molly and Olivia to the vet.  I figured things had calmed down too much so they needed stirring up again.  Anyway I am very happy to report that both girls are healthy and are now up to date with their shots.  Both girls are also younger than the in-laws said.  The vet estimates they are no older than 7, the in-laws said they'd had them for 10 years.  Molly, who I have not heard say a thing made her displeasure about the trip and being at the vets know LOUDLY to all who would listen - she made one of the dogs in the waiting room jump with one of her howls!! 

This cute little Jim Shore snowman came in the mail today 

 
Funny thing is, I didn't remember ordering it.  Now I do forget things, like where I put my keys or parked my car or why I walked out of the room, but I don't forget needlework orders ESPECIALLY as I'm participating in Stitch from Stash right now.  Digging around a bit more in the envelope and there was a letter congratulating me on winning one of the prizes on The Stitchers' Village 12 Days Event!  THAT I had totally forgotten about entering mostly because I never win anything so I never went back and checked. 
 
Speaking of Stitch from Stash, I had a zero spend in January but have already spent February's budget.  I caved and signed up for the Ingleside Imaginarium Guardians of Notre Dame SAL.  If you haven't seen it, here's the border and first two parts: I have no idea what color fabric or whether I will order the over-dye to do the border, but I love grotesques and gargoyles so looking forward to starting this.
 
I am still filling in the ear/head on the Goldie stocking.  When I put it on the frame last week, it was here:
 
 
And when I took it off the frame a few minutes ago, it was here:
 

It's definitely looking more doggish. 

So there's some stash and some progress and now, a new start. 


This is By the Full Moon by Tracy Horner of Ink Circles.  It's from the 2010 September/October Just Cross Stitch and is stitched on an unknown scrap fabric although I suspect it is either 28-count DaVinci or 28-count Haunted both by Picture This Plus with DMC.  Yes, I know I said The Sampler Life SAL pieces were going to be my smalls until I finally finished them off, but I just couldn't find one that called to me.  When I went looking for one, this jumped out and grabbed me.

Zen will be going on the frame for this week.  The PTBs finally showed up so I plan to go back to the middle and tart it up a bit.

 

5 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Congratulations on your win and surprise delivery - great progress on Goldie

Robin in Virginia said...

What a fun surprise to receive in the mail! Goldie is looking good. Good for you on starting the Ink Circles piece. I say as long as it makes you happy, you should stitch it.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a lovely surprise to get in the mail!

Is the Full Moon the smaller ornie taken from the larger design with the quote about cream and skimmed milk?

Joysze said...

Yipppeeeee for a successful vet trip! You got lots done on Goldie, girl! What a cute ear and I think I can make up his left eye. Love your fabbie for IC. Can't wait to see Zen all framed up!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I think you're doing an amazing job with your in laws cats, they are a bonnie pair who are lucky to have you.